Old Sodbury

 

This was our longest day, and it ended up being much rainier than expected and also a little longer than expected. But the day started off with a very nice surprise when we went downstairs for breakfast. 

Sleeping on my seat for breakfast was this cat. At first I thought she was a pillow, but with a little petting she was convinced to skooch over and make room.







Gotta document the all the gates.



A couple times today the hikers had to negotiate small herds of cattle that had taken over the trail.

















Cross Hands Hotel, Old Sodbury

We walked 14 miles with an elevation gain of 1,700 feet today. There was a light drizzle to light rain most of the day with a few dry pockets. No sun today, but still a high of 68. Rainier than expected, but we stayed nice and dry in our rain gear. Tomorrow we'll walk 9 miles to Cold Ashton. I'm not going to mention the forecast so I don't jinx it. Just 2 days left!

Comments